These peppermint sea salt chocolate covered almonds are GUILT FREE and less than 1 CARB each! And they taste frickin’ amazing. You literally can’t eat just one. And my kids know this because they count how many are left in the mornings and see that half of them went missing while they were sleeping. Whoops. But hooray for a treat that doesn’t spike blood sugar and you don’t have to shoot up for it! And the peppermint essential oil has so many great benefits for your body that we are just winning all around!
Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil:
-aids in digestion
-reduces inflammation in the body
-brings oxygen to your brain
-helps with circulation
-1 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips*
-2 Tbs coconut oil
-3 drops Young Living Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil (this stuff goes a long way)
-2 Tbs erythritol or swerve*
-1 1/2 cups roasted almonds
1. Fill a pot with a few inches of water and place a glass bowl over the top of the pot, but do not let the water touch the bottom of the glass bowl.
2. Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to the glass bowl and melt on medium, stirring occasionally.
3. Add in erythritol, peppermint oil, and a pinch of sea salt and stir till the sugar has dissolved.
4. Using a mini peanut butter cup silicone mold, fill each cup about halfway with the melted chocolate.
5. Add almonds on top of the chocolate in each cup and then pour chocolate over the top of the almonds.
6. Place in fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes to for the chocolate to harden.
7. Sprinkle sea salt on top when ready to eat and devour!
*We use the Lily’s dark chocolate chips that are sweetened with erythritol and stevia. We do not count erythritol carbs, so essentially the chocolate is carb free. If you are using regular dark chocolate chips, then your carb count will be much higher. Since we eat low carb, these are the only chocolate chips we use.
*Erythritol / swerve – This is what we use in replacement of white sugar since we don’t need to count the carbs for erythritol, and it does not spike our blood sugar. And it doesn’t have a weird taste like some sweeteners do. We don’t even have regular sugar in our house, but if you’re not concerned with the carb amount in this treat, then you can use that.
If you need to get yourself some peppermint essential oil, you can do that HERE.
Grab yourself a premium starter kit, and all the vitality oils are great for adding to drinks or cooking with. Shoot us a message from the contact form if you have any questions about essential oils, what our favorites are, or how you can make some extra money simply by sharing how oils have benefited you and your family.